Michael F.X. Gillin, Esquire
- Civil Litigation
- Municipal and Environmental Law
- Real Estate, Land Development
- Tax Assessment Appeals and Quiet Title Actions.
- Pennsylvania (1980)
- United States Eastern District Court (1983)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1984)
- United States Supreme Court (1986)
- Juris Doctorate – Widener University, School of Law (1980)
- Graduate Fellow – The Institute for Court Management (1976)
- Bachelor of Arts – St. Thomas University (1969)
Mr. Gillin has represented National Corporations, Real Estate Developers, Construction Companies, Condominium Associations, local companies, bars and restaurants, Nonprofit Associations, Government Agencies and individuals for over thirty-nine (39) years.
Upon graduating from college, Mr. Gillin was employed by the Pennsylvania Crime Commission. He was assigned the Counties of Chester and Delaware where he assisted local Police Departments and The Court System, District Attorney and Correctional System. He was later recruited by the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas as its Director of Criminal Justice, Planning Office, and later served as Director of Delaware County Intergovernmental Affairs Office. During this period, Mr. Gillin also served as an Adjunct Professor at Delaware County Community College, West Chester University and the Delaware County Police Academy.
In 1980, Mr. Gillin joined the Media Law Firm of Ekell, Sparks, Auerbach and Monte as an associate attorney. He then joined fellow attorney, William G. Halligan to establish Halligan & Gillin, P.C. in 1984. In 1987 Mr. Gillin established Michael F.X. Gillin & Associates in Media, Pennsylvania.
Michael F.X. Gillin & Associates has gained a reputation as a highly respected law firm. Mr. Gillin and his Associates handle hundreds of cases per year, from serious litigation matters, to Estate Planning. Mr. Gillin specialized in Litigation, Municipal Law, Environment Law and Estate Litigation. Mr. Gillin has argued cases before the Pennsylvania Superior Court and Commonwealth Court as well as the Unites States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Gillin has vast trial experience and has been accepted as an Expert Witness in Orphans Court Cases in Chester and Montgomery Counties.
Since 1980, Mr. Gillin has been appointed to several Solicitorship: Marple Township, Folcroft Borough, Delaware County Solid Waste Authority, Delaware County Chester Waterfront Industrial Development Authority. Mr. Gillin was elected twice as the Delaware County Register of Wills (1996-2006). He was appointed by the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education as the Chairman of the Board Control of the Chester Upland School District (2003-2007), where the Board turned a financial distress district to that of one that displayed a balanced budget after three (3) years. He served eight (8) years on the Board of Trustees of Immaculata College and eight (8) years on the Southeast Delaware County United Way Board of Directors. He was an elected Republican Committeeman for Newtown Township for twenty-five (25) years and Chairman for twenty-two (22) years.
Awards and Honors
- Delaware County Bar Association Large Firm Pro Bono Award
- Pennsylvania Administrators Association of Special Courts
- Delaware County Young Republican
- Newtown Republican Party
- Immaculata College Pacesetters
- Court of Common Pleas of Delaware County, Pennsylvania
- Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans Court Association
- Delaware County Chamber of Commerce Pacesetters
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association